In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of our Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and for the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term, we also have two committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail and three committees to carry out statutory functions.
These committees are:
- School Improvement Committee
- Finance and Premises / Resources Committee
- Pay Committee
- Performance Management Committee
- Appeals Committee.
The work that we have completed in our committees during the past year includes:
- Annual review of the work of the Governing body carried out
- School budget monitoring
- Pupil Premium /Sports Premium monitoring and evaluation
- Health and Safety issues and building works monitored
- Scheduled policies and procedures updated and reviewed
- Staff recruitment and staff allocation monitoring
- New Curriculum implementation and assessments monitored to ensure pupils develop their learning
- Data analysed to ensure that pupils make good progress from their starting points
- Attendance monitored and tracked
- Parent events attended