This page is currently being updated. Please bear with us.
SEND at Huntingtree
At Huntingtree, we are very proud of our inclusive ethos and the support we provide to children with a special educational need or disability (SEND).
Some of the excellent support available to children with a SEND includes the following:
- Access to our Alternative Writing Provision and Alternative Maths Provision, which allows children make progress from their individual starting point
- Access to our Nurture Room, which is a calming, supportive space for children to work on both their social skills and their social, emotional and mental health
- Targeted Speech and Language interventions from a member of staff whose role is specifically focused on improving Speech and Language outcomes
- A pathway of Nurture Support, which begins with thoughts and feelings work from our Nurture LSA and progresses to SEMH support from our Pastoral Lead
- Individual Education Plans and Intensive Support Plans - written jointly with the class teacher and the Inclusion Lead - to provide clear, achievable targets for children with a SEND to achieve
For further information about SEND at Huntingtree, please see our SEND Policy and Information Report.
If you have any concerns about your child and whether they have a special educational need or disability, please arrange to speak to our Assistant Head Teacher and Inclusion Lead, Mr Evans.
SEND Policy and Information Report
Dudley's Local Offer is a one stop resource of information and services available to children and young people (aged 0-25) with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND), their parents, carers and families.
For more information, please click here.