SEND at Huntingtree
At Huntingtree, we are very proud of our inclusive ethos and the support we provide to children with a special educational need or disability (SEND).
Some of the excellent support available to children with a SEND includes the following:
- Access to our Alternative Writing Provision and Alternative Maths Provision, which allows children make progress from their individual starting point
- Access to our Nurture Room, which is a calming, supportive space for children to work on both their social skills and their social, emotional and mental health
- Targeted Speech and Language interventions from a member of staff whose role is specifically focused on improving Speech and Language outcomes
- A pathway of Nurture Support, which begins with thoughts and feelings work from our Nurture LSA and progresses to SEMH support from our Pastoral Lead
- Individual Education Plans and Intensive Support Plans - written jointly with the class teacher and the Inclusion Lead - to provide clear, achievable targets for children with a SEND to achieve
For further information about SEND at Huntingtree, please see our SEND Policy and Information Report.
If you have any concerns about your child and whether they have a special educational need or disability, please arrange to speak to our Assistant Head Teacher and Inclusion Lead, Mr Evans.
SEND Policy and Information Report
Dudley's Local Offer is a one stop resource of information and services available to children and young people (aged 0-25) with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND), their parents, carers and families.
For more information, please click here.